Home » Posts tagged with » breakfast
McD’s Gourmet Breakfast; Bundling Works

McD’s Gourmet Breakfast; Bundling Works

McDonald’s Australian operation is determined to offer a “gourmet” breakfast. It loves that word. The latest attempt is the national introduction of a pair of “Gourmet Brekkie Rolls,” a pair of café-style morning sandwiches that look appealing, gourmet or not. The Smokey BBQ Roll is a soft brioche-style bun with two bacon strips, a freshly […]

NPD: Breakfast Occasions Still Growing

NPD: Breakfast Occasions Still Growing

Breakfast remains the industry’s growth game, The NPD Group reports. Total breakfast occasions, at and away from home, are forecast to grow by 5% through 2019, while the U.S. population is expected to increase by just 4%. Annual morning snack occasions per person, at and away from home, have increased by 17% over the past […]

Burger Republic Elects to Add Brunch

Burger Republic Elects to Add Brunch

Drew Jackman and Jeff Warne opened the first Burger Republic burger bar in Nashville four years ago. A second opened in downtown Nashville and a third, in the Mt. Juliet area, is in the works. The concept’s menu is focused on Certified Angus Beef burgers (a brisket, chuck and short rib blend) and locally sourced […]

Jack, Taco Bell Turn Up Discount Heat

Jack, Taco Bell Turn Up Discount Heat

Jack in the Box is making good on its promise to be a more aggressive discounter. Merrill Lynch restaurant analyst David Silvati reports that the chain last week launched a $3.99 Jumbo Jack bundled meal with the burger, two tacos, fries and drink in 40% of its markets. In the other 60% it has bundled […]

One Co-op’s 17 All Day Breakfast Items

One Co-op’s 17 All Day Breakfast Items

Back in December, BurgerBusiness.com reported that the McDonald’s co-op in central North Carolina had tweeted that it had plans to expand the All Day Breakfast menu. Then the tweets disappeared, the company  said any such expansion if it happened would be local but not national. But now the McDonald’s Triad Co-op not only has the […]

BK Extends ‘Long’ Concept to Breakfast

BK Extends ‘Long’ Concept to Breakfast

Burger King is having a good time with its “extra long” concept. On the heels of its Extra Long Buttery Cheeseburger it has quietly added a Supreme Breakfast Sandwich that doesn’t use the name but follows the double-up idea. The 880-calorie sandwich, reported by TheImpulsiveBuy.com, has two side-by-side fluffy eggs, each with a sausage patty, […]

Jack in the Box: All-Day Breakfast Hurt

Jack in the Box: All-Day Breakfast Hurt

Jack in the Box did what some other chains have declined to do: acknowledging the elephant in the room and conceding that McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast program had some negative impact on its sales in its Q1. CEO Len Comma expressed disappointment in the quarter—ended Jan. 17, 2016—which saw Jack in the Box same-store sales rise […]

Carl’s Jr. Rethinks Breakfast Sandwiches

Carl’s Jr. Rethinks Breakfast Sandwiches

Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s has always served theater as well as burgers. Rather than “Me Too” menu items, it delights in creating “It’s What?” foods. So it comes as no surprise that the duo is playing with the idea of serving breakfast sandwiches like no one else’s. As reported by Foodbeast, Carl’s Jr. has not one but […]

Page 1 of 13123Next ›Last »